Dance Your Way to A Fit, Lean Body
February 3, 2009
Today we continue our look at different types of exercise programs. One of my favorite way to work out is to dance. What’s not to love with good music and fun moves. Feels more like having fun than working hard and that’s really what it’s all about. If you love what you are doing, your much more likely to stick with regular exercise.
If you think that exercise has to be grueling to be beneficial, then you need to think again. Have you ever noticed what the body of a dancer looks like? They are tight, slim, and toned. Try dancing workouts to get into shape.
There are a variety of dancing classes you can take that will promote a healthy heart, mind, and body. Each class gives you a total body workout while making it fun and interesting for everyone. Here are some of the dancing workouts you can get involved with.
1. Zumba – This dance craze is sweeping gyms all across the country. Zumba is a mix of Latin dances like salsa, cumbia, and merengue, along with hip-hop, and swing moves. The class uses upbeat music to get you sweating and your heart pumping. The moves work the entire body especially the abs and you don’t notice because you are having so much fun.
2. Hip-Hop Dancing – It keeps all of those dancers on stage in shape. The moves center on shaking your butt and moving those hips from side to side. Switching your hops requires strong abs muscles which become even leaner and stronger with the moves. You’ll sweat and enjoy some great music.
3. Belly Dancing – This workout is geared towards the midsection and the hips. It is hard to get only your waist to move, but over time you’ll get the hang of it. And, you get to wear those cute dangling bead outfits too. Belly dancing workouts shape the waist while moving the arms raises your heart rate.
4. Bhangra Dancing - This is an Indian form of dancing that takes the body through a series of slimming routines. Masala Bhangra workouts provide a cardiovascular workout that is fun for everyone.
Use a combination of dance workout routines to get your body into shape doing something that you already like to do. In the process, you will learn some new dance moves that you can show off anywhere you want to take your new body.
Dancing fitness is deceiving. Just because you are having fun doesn’t mean you aren’t working. You may not get the moves down pat all at once, but with consistency, you’ll get it right. Once you perfect the moves, you can easily add some flair and attitude that further challenges your body.
Dancing workouts can be done at home with DVDs or in a class at a gym or studio. You burn an enormous amount of calories with each hour of dancing that you do. Dancing gives you the platform to lose weight (if that is your goal) and get into shape.
- Health Benefit Of Dancing
- Are You Familiar With Water Aerobics?
- New Year’s Resolution – Get In Shape
- Impact of Salsa Dancing – Great Salsa Dancing Workout
- Easy Cardio At Home Workout Tips